Purchasing a leatherette folio to display your photographs may seem like an unnerving task, but it’s not at all. There are over 20 styles, colors & sizes to choose from. When you review the prostudiousa.com ‘’FOLIOS’’ category, you will find many to select & great descriptions & photos to review. The leatherette material is durable like top quality leather, but at a more economical price. You’ll probably be able to afford several folios. If you’re a professional photographer & plan on re-selling them to your customers, you’ll want several samples to offer & include them in some portrait packages!
- Your photos will be secure in a durable and resistant material
- Get the timeless look & feel of leather without paying for leather
- Get a variety of options to find what you need
There are many advantages to selecting & using one of our leatherette folios. They’re a perfect piece to store & display a related set of images. They’re a great keepsake for a graduating senior, a perfect grouping for a prenuptial portrait session, a small reunion of friends or family members or beautiful & personal boudoir session. Choosing the perfect folio for any occasion is very easy.
What size folio do you need?
The majority of our photo folios are made to fit either 4’’ x 5’’ or 4’’ x 6’’ photographs. You then determine how many photographic images you need or want to use. The standard size of folio holds 8 photos. Four in the center section & two on each side of the openings we call ‘’wings.’’ The center section can be ordered with either all four vertical or two vertical & two horizontal. We call this either ‘’V’’ or ‘’VH’’ We have a full section of folios on our website, Photo Gallery Folios.to choose from. You can get them now at Pro Studio Supply!
Many styles & sizes to choose from!
The majority of our leatherette folios hold eight photos but you can actually choose to hold between 2 photos up to 12 photos. We also feature three different styles for graduating seniors called Commencement, Achievement & Graduate Folios.
The Commencement & Achievement Folios feature the word ‘’SENIOR’’ on the cover in two different font styles. The Graduate folio features a foil embossed graduate certificate & a mortarboard on the inside center section. The ‘’SENIOR’’ style folios feature either a silver, gold or black pinstripe around each mat on the inside that coordinates with the SENIOR printed on the cover. See the details of these folios on our website.
Does it look like real leather material?
Each folio features a black leatherette soft padded cover that looks just like real leather. You would not want us to use real leather primarily due to cost. We use a special ‘’Bonded Leather’’ that looks & feels like real leather without the high cost. Most people will think it’s leather if you didn’t tell them it wasn’t!
Custom View Folios?
A very special folio can be purchased from Pro Studio Supply to customize your folios! This is truly a simple procedure which can be explained as follows. The Custom View Folios can be purchased in many options & assembled in many configurations. Choose between 10 different folio covers & a variety of separate mats that can be placed into the folios to build one the way you want. You first select a cover that has nothing inside then, choose from a selection of mats that you place inside to meet your special needs. See the following link for complete details Custom View FoliosCustom View Mats
Photo Folio Imprinting Personalized Text
Most of the parents & photographers purchasing our folios for graduating seniors like to add an inscription on the front cover to commemorate the date of graduation. We can personalize most folios with the student's name, school name & graduation date in a variety of hot-foil colors & fonts. The most common placement is on the front cover in the lower right-hand corner. Some parents like the inside but this is dependant on the particular folio selected. It’s very important to get the correct details imprinted so we provide a text box for you to fill in the proper information in two lines. Here’s a link for more details. Folio Imprinting.
For a wide array of quality leatherette folios, your one-stop destination should be Pro Studio Supply.
Family photos can be a challenge but not if you know a set of techniques to follow. Here's some tips that can simply your work if you practice them.
1. Young children can be a hand full if they aren't well rested. If they've had a good nights sleep or a nap, they'll be in a better mood. This in itself can assure a smoother shoot and help keep everyone at ease.
2. As discussed before, outdoor portraits offer the simplest light to work with. Mornings and dusk providing the purest most diffuse light of the day. But you must remain FLEXIBLE and pre-plan it.
3. We offer a great variety of photo reflectors and photo diffusers that will help sculpt your portraits. They come in many sizes and styles and can be mounted on stands or held by assistants. When used properly, they will prevent over contrast areas or fill-in dark shadows under eyes, chins and other areas in the frame.
4. Like any other portrait session you do, design a series of photo packages with albums or frames for customers to choose from. Family portraits is one area that can generate large wall framed work. There are so many options but I recommend you use items that best fits your brand and style. Consider pricing your packages so the ones in the middle will be your best profit margin packages! This is a very effective practice that works.
5. Unless you're portraits are at a formal event, when it comes to what to wear, casual dress is usually best. Make sure your groups are not all dressed the same. That style has come and gone. Suggest everyone wear clothes that work together but not all identical. And stress to your clients to wear little to no PATTERNS!
6. I'm sure you know lots of places to make outdoor portraits. Choose them wisely, and become aware of your background at different times of the day and the year. Only you know how your favorite spots will look for a particular group or portrait! Make sure there's no surprises the day of the shoot with the sun or stray groups during your session. This could prevent a successful shoot that day and require an alternate date that can inconvenience everybody!
Together with a better understanding of your DSLR camera functions and photo techniques, you will create cherished work for every family session. Please share any ideas or techniques you use and share your photo examples for a free Stylus Pen!
We're all in the same business! You sell portraits, we sell photo supplies. You depend on clients to purchase you're photography , we depend on you to buy our photo products to showcase your work or assist with equipment you need to capture the shot. We both need you to do great photography, sell more photos and get more business. If you succeed we succeed.
The point to be made is we carry a truly unique blend of items that help photographers improve their images, improve their sales and build a contemporary brand!
We've been doing this for over 40 years. Branding includes your logo or name to any of our 4 color Premium Boxes. Placing your customer prints into a huge variety of photo folders, folios and albums. Providing your digital files on DVD or USB in a selection of contemporary albums and cases.
Equipment is equipment! Everybody's hawking it. They all boast the lowest prices. Is that really how you want to buy equipment, the cheapest!? We have a limited selection of proven items that help you produce better images in studio or on-location. Each one is tested to work. If you have any trouble, call us for help. If it stops working, one call to us will replace it. I dare you to get help like that for the lowest priced guys on the net!
Who else can you call for honest and sincere advice on why one constant light is better than another or how many lamps you need for your small studio space? Or how much does our 10x20 handpainted background weight? Or how long does it take to get a V-Drape? Those other web guys can't or don't answer those questions. Why? Because you couldn't get a hold of them by phone if your life depended on it.
As much as we're connected to the net, we'd rather talk to you in person because you're a real person! We like people! We're knowledgeable about photography, about our photo products and how long you have to wait to get something. We know all these things are important to you. You can call us up with these or any questions regarding any of our products.
Yea, this seems like a big sales pitch but it's the truth. Call us up and we'll help you make your life easier as a photographer. Mark S. ProStudioUSA
Like everyone on the internet today, I'm still learning the best way to be seen and to build my audience. I've attempted doing so on FaceBook, but they have their own ideas about it and it doesn't seem to include most of us anymore!
So from now on I'm going to share my knowledge of professional photography gained over the past 40 years, with all who wish to listen and learn.
I plan to share photo tips, photo techniques & photo training thru diagrams, photos & videos. Our customers cover every range of knowledge but I'll usually post info for the beginner to experienced photographer. Blogs are also two way so I always welcome questions and suggestions from you at anytime. Once in a while I'll discuss a product worth mentioning starting with Seniors due to many schools back in session.
I'm confident I'll have some valuable info to share and I hope to hear from as many customers and prospective customers over the year. Pro Studio Supply prides itself on building long lasting relationships with all who wish to. We don't just say it, we prove it every time you call to ask a question or place an order. I believe that's why were in our 45th year of business. Please review our website, call us toll free to talk and place an order for some valuable product that will add to your bottom line or make you a better photographer in this competitive field in which we play. Mark S. ProStudioUSA