Brides are looking for spunk, new and fresh ideas for their wedding photography. A few things add to this. We explored these ideas because as a photographer you must stay on top of the trends.
1. Viral Photos have caused a popularity contest. If a photo goes viral it must be good right? Or at least a new look. Take a look at these pre wedding photos that went viral in Tibet. They will end up being ageless.
2. The Story that accompanies the photo is just as important now. In this story, it was a funny story that was taken badly publicly. The couple responded with kindness and love. That love and kindness resulted in even more photos being taken professionally.
3. Selfies everyone loves the selfie look. Selfies have made their way into being a ‘’moment’’ for professionals to photograph. In fact, it might even be hard to not get at least one professional picture of selfies being made, as seen here.
4. Social Media means instant sharing. Can you, as the photographer, provide a process for that? If you did, you might be a step ahead on sales points. Consider a simple cell phone being passed around a wedding to have all those pictures in one spot.
5. Personalities are original and unique. People in general want to let their colors shine. Those same people want that personality to show through in their wedding photos.
All five of these items require is to adapt to the ever-changing bride. The days of truly classic posing is gone or drastically reduced. Recently and accidentally a picture became a sensation. It was tilted and one that many would have deleted. It cuts off part of the arms of the wedding party. The Happy Couple loved it. This could very well be the next trend. Either way, what we, as photographers, consider right or correct photos is not always what the bride and groom want.